To configure Apache Tomcat 5.5.X:
Using Tomcat 5.5 is very easy with jManage.
- edit your catalina.sh startup script
- this is usually in TOMCAT_HOME/bin/catalina.sh
- put in this line near the top:
JAVA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"
- login in to jManage
- click on Add Application
- click on JSR160 Application
- name the app something meaningful
- add in this URL: [exactly as it is!]
- you shouldn't need a username or pass, since we specified authenticate=false in JAVA_OPTS. Change this according to your paranoia.
- substitute you own IP address/hostname for the application server
- no other fields need to be completed--- click on SAVE
You should see your app back in the main menu. At first jManage didn't see the availability of my first Tomcat server until I shutdown jManage and started it back up. Subsequent servers that I added in were fine.
But jManage works great with Tomcat 5.5, and has saved me lots of trouble by aggregating control of a mess of web-nodes, each with their own JMX controls.
Thanks jManage for developing this software!